segunda-feira, maio 03, 2010

Game Over?


So this is it. I have gone through my entire CD collection. A lot has changed in the last four years when I first started this blog. Of course basic things like relationships, where I live etc., are different but most notably I no longer really buy CDs. The last one I bought was over a year ago. Now I just buy records... lots of records. But despite the resurgence of vinyl, the portability of mp3s I don't think CDs will ever disappear - the quality, the durability and yes the portability are all reasons why this format will survive. If there's one thing I have learned is that a format is never truly dead. Hell even tapes are making a comeback. But the format didn't inspire me to create this blog. The music did. I wanted to immerse myself in these CDs - listen to them again, track for track, cover to cover. Looking back maybe I did get rid of one or two discs that I shouldn't have, but more importantly I rediscovered or completely discovered amazing albums that I already owned. So is this blog over with? No way. My first order of business will be to cover all the CDs I did buy over the last four years that I didn't get to review since the categories had been covered already. Then I think I am going to start reviewing my records and who knows maybe even tapes..

3 Comments:

Blogger Chazz said...

well, i feel a small bit of sadness in my heart over this but at the same time I feel like I am watching my brother go off to college. I am proud of you for allowing music to take such a hold of your balls and to complete this undertaking. Is it entirely appropriate that the first pass review process ends with Weird Al Yankovic? A timeless artist whose childlike love of music sits in your heart & my heart as well.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Chazz said...

I also said, at one point, that I will go through (after it is all said and done) and post comments on alot of the stuff I missed. So that will be my undertaking now. Expect to read comments (or not read them) whenever you like.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Well the beauty is that phase one is over. Now on to part two!

8:34 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home