terça-feira, dezembro 02, 2008

871. The Doves - Some Cities


Today with the amount of mp3s floating around, itunes and blogs it's hard to focus on an album - it's easier to get instant gratification for free or 99 cents. Hell it's even hard to just concentrate - I can't read or watch tv without doing something else after 15 minutes. I started this blog because I couldn't find the time to listen to all the music I was getting, especially since my listening habit consisted of my commute to work and back home. This cd came out and I picked it up pretty quickly and heard it only once. Listening to it properly now I can tell why I put it down - it's a solid release but it doesn't progress as much as their second release did over the first. It has classic Doves moments that come across as expected rather than comforting but it also has a few moments that reminds you why like them to begin with.

7.4 out of 10