sexta-feira, abril 04, 2008

736. Sinéad O'Connor - Universal Mother


I remember loving the Lion and the Cobra album when it came out - I first heard of her on a Grammy performance my grandmom had taped and sent to Brasil for me. I never completely heard the "I do not want..." album mainly because that Prince song was being played every two seconds (for the record I do like Prince). So I'm not sure what possesed me to get this but I did and it has some very good moments - the spoken intro and first song are a powerful combo - but some of the other tracks tend to forget about the music and focus too heavily on the message. Other tracks are incredibly dreary and sad - two things that on this overcast day I don't really want to hear. Oh and to then really bum you there's a cover of Nirvana's "All apologies".

5 out of 10