sábado, maio 12, 2007

675. R.E.M. - lifes rich pageant


Ok, so now we're entering my REM section and you'll notice that I'm missing a couple of key records which I will eventually pick up on CD... LRP was the band's fourth release and it's a pretty amazing album. Stipes vocals are stronger than they'd had ever been up until that point and the band really begins to play with a certain confidence that wasn't really heard previously - arrangements, lyrics, choice of instruments were all coming from a band who knew what they wanted, whether it would work or not. Includes the classics 'Begin the Begin', 'These Days', 'Fall On Me' and 'Superman'... this reissue also contains six bonus tracks added, 'Tired Of Singing Trouble', 'Rotary Ten', their cover of Aerosmith's 'Toys In The Attic', 'Just A Touch' (Live In The Studio), their cover of the Everly Brothers hit 'Dream (All I Have To Do Is)' and 'Swan Swan H' (Acoustic).

7.6 out of 10

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack Kodiak said...

These past couple of posts are making me feel like I just stepped out of a time machine... And trust me I know what that feels like.

Update the mixblog slacker!

Yelling...

This is Jack Kodiak

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Mr. Kodiak, always a pleasure! Yes things will be a bit more consistent around here come July - until then contend yourself with some REM. How's Orion?

9:56 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home