domingo, abril 15, 2007

662. Gang Of Four - entertainment!


I grew up on metal. I remember my best friend Emil always trying to get me to listen to the Police, and me trying to get him to listen to Kiss... I stuck with metal for a long time, occasionally dabbling in pop or classic rock - but until grunge came, it was metal all the time. So I missed a lot of classic punk/indie albums since I was completely out of the loop. I only heard this album a couple of months ago. I picked it up based on a reworked version of "Damaged Goods" that I heard and loved. The great thing about GOF is that they grab knee jerk riff and make it into a full on song with punk melody and tight rhythm... a great album to have discovered. This remastered version includes various live tracks and "the yellow ep".

9.0 out of 10