quinta-feira, março 22, 2007

643. Elastica - elastica


Chad and Natalie are huge Elastica fans, and they, along with the "Car Song" single persuaded me to get this back in the day... I know the band had other releases, but if nI'm not mistaken, none of them matched the commercial success that this release had. The sound was a slight throwback to the brit neo punk movement in the early 80's (a bit more glam, less Sid Vicious) - in my opinion at least. While the record has it share of memorable moments of pop punk delight, it never really soars... but still it's a disc I'm glad to have.

On a side note, certain brit pop songs make me feel like I'm high school again (I did after all go to a british school). Granted the song below was released while I was in college, it still has a great nostalgic feel for me.

7.4 out of 10

Waking Up