sexta-feira, março 02, 2007

622. PJ harvey - stories from the city, stories from the sea


This is a near perfect album. I remeber reading an interview in which she states that she wanted to make a more polished sounding record - clean and crisp... and very much did, with songs clearly talking about New York and others evoking her homebase (which is near the sea I presume). The only reason why I am docking 0.2 points is because I expected more from the marriage between Thom Yorke and PJ - the song is lethargic and I am a sucker for boy/girl dueting which they never seem to really do.

9.8 out of 10

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

this one is probably in my top 15 albums of all time. glad you like it so much too.

gotta say i enjoy the thom yorke duets. i did however expect more when i heard he was on the album. over time though i came to love his parts on it.

8:30 AM  
Blogger daniel bellury said...

the comment above was from me. fyi

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Yeah I like how lyrically we get to hear Thom sing about things that are tangible or earth bound at least and not so obtuse or poetic.

3:53 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home