segunda-feira, julho 03, 2006

519. Tristeza - dream signals in full circles

519.Tdreamsignalsinfullcircles
519.Tdreamsignalsinfullcircles,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I first heard Tristeza on KCRW's 'morning becomes eclectic' - I liked what I heard, wrote the band's name down then found the disc in the used bin at Other Music. A rather safe bet, but not safe enough. The album is completely insrumental which is fine, I love instrumentals, but the sonds are just too 'dreamscapey' for me - at times they almost sound like songs from Eric Serra the composer who scores all of Luc Besson's movies - long story short, the songs are mood evoking but can unfortunately be cheesey.

5 out of 10

2 Comments:

Blogger daniel bellury said...

hi jason.

you should check out the triseza dude's other project "the album leaf". the album "in a safe place" was recorded in iceland. yay iceland!

db

2:48 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

wow hank commenting on WIFHM!!!!!! What an honor!!!! I have 'the album leaf' and will eventually get to it on this blog when their category/genre comes up.

6:14 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home