quinta-feira, junho 08, 2006

517. Antena - camino del sol

517.Acaminodelsol
517.Acaminodelsol,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
So I picked this up based on the fact it was put out by the Numero Group, a label that has released various soul compilations that I've really enjoyed. I also got it based on the fact that it got great reviews. Oh and I got at in the used bin at 'Other Music'. So how could I go wrong? Well I did. The release is, dare I say, moronic. Yes it is, I guess, impressive for the time in which it was released - like I should be impressed that synths existed in 1980, or that somebody combined bossa nova, french pop and drum machines way back then... but I'm not - the disc is at best amusing. Sure I'll drink to it, once. But there's no room for it in my collection.

4.5 out of 10

3 Comments:

Blogger Krn said...

Shit. Three posts in a week. I just don't know what to do with myself!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Krn said...

I used to pick up stuff from bands on the Play it again Sam and Wax Trax years ago. I even went through a Sub Pop phase (but who didn't?). Then there was my 4AD obsession... I needed counseling for that. It seems like there are too many labels anymore. I can't keep track.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

You know I was going to mention how I used to do that with Sub Pop back in the 90's (ditto with 4AD) - but thanks to the amazing world wide web we don't have to blindly purchase cds anymore... but at times I still do.

7:08 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home