domingo, maio 14, 2006

514. Stereolab - transient random noise bursts with announcements

514.Stransientrandomnoise
514.Stransientrandomnoise,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
Okay, so we're back here at 'wifhm' with another poorly conceived review. The good news is I've picked up some new cds to eventually review and I'm nearing the halfway point - so I'll post pictures of what we've covered, what we have left and the discs that are being dumped.

Now, on to Stereolab. They're dangerous because at one moment you're completely into them and then the next you're bored. But, in all fairness, back in 94 I was mostly impressed - the band's name is very apt - sounds, languages, effects, rhythms are all mixed and organized often making something worthwhile. Though not on this disc, the band was later joined by John McEntire from the Sea and Cake (yes it's all very incestuous).

7 out of 10

Analogue Rock

6 Comments:

Blogger Krn said...

What cds did you pick up?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

well given that our next mix installment is coming up in a couple of months I can't reveal what I've been buying and/or listening to (sort of an unspoken rule) - but here are a couple of staples I've picked up that will not make it onto my mix cd:

the new peppers
the new tool
Jose Gonzalez
finally got the new broken social scene
eccentric soul: the deep city label

but check the mix blog at the end of july for a rundown of what I've really been checkin' out.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Krn said...

I suppose I can wait.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Krn said...

Hello? Are you out there or out of town?

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

no I'm here - I am sort of stuck in my collection right now - can't get motivated, but I am going to push through at least 5 cds this weekend, I promise. I mean I do have a couple of excuses, I started a new job three weeks ago, my mom was in town two weekends ago and I was in Philly last weekend... but I do need to get back on track.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anônimo said...

Oh, don't forget to say that your lazy too.

1:13 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home