sábado, abril 08, 2006

511. Archer Prewitt - wilderness

511.APwilderness
511.APwilderness,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
Ellen likes 'Wilderness' the most. Matt likes 'In the Sun' the most. I don't think that Meadows has heard any Archer Prewitt before and I like 'Three' the most... All of Archer's albums are varied enough for four friends to have such different favorites... Wilderness seems to be the disc that plays it safe - all of the songs are, well, great songs. So how is that playing it safe? Well they come accross sometimes as too calculated, too good, maybe even too produced. All the unexpected moments tucked into them easily gets Archer an A for effort, but music shouldn't feel like an assignment. The songs just jam too much into them too soon, I wish they had more room to breathe. "Way of the Sun' is a great microcosm of the album and hopefully will help you make some sense of all the bullshit I just said. In the end it is still a great AP record. Also, ever notice how the end of 'O, KY' sounds like the end of a Tears for Fears song?

8.7 out of 10
Way Of The Sun
O, KY

1 Comments:

Blogger Jazz said...

A first post from EJ! I'm honored... just for the record Matt was talking about 'Good Man' and not 'The Race'... and I've actually been changing my underwear a lot lately due to an increase in accidents.

7:18 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home