domingo, março 19, 2006

497. Barenaked Ladies - rock spectacle

497.BLrockspectacle
497.BLrockspectacle,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
Well I'm not perfect. As a rule I hate jam bands - or any band that is even guilty by association... but I do try to keep an open mind. So, I got this for the song 'Brian Wilson' which is in its own right a solid little song, especially the live version found here. Unfortunately the rest of the disc drums up all the bad imagery one thinks of when listening to a jam band: frat bars, teva's, keychains that have long canvass straps... anyway - the cd is what it is.

4.5 out of 10

2 Comments:

Blogger Krn said...

I'm gonna have to email you this little rant of mine...

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

To all my readers: "Ass Pony's" is in reference to a cd that chad recommended I buy ages ago and it sucked, whenever he'd see it on my shelf he'd chuckle... now any questionable cd I have in my collection is referred to as an 'Ass Pony', and any in his as a 'Space Hog' in reference to that cd that he owned.

Now Meadows, next time you are over I will make sit down and listen to the Sublime disc without the aid of acid. If you were tripping I could burp in your ear and you'd think it sounded good, and probably 'bones fall out of your body and explode' blah, blah, blah. The disc sucks.

Now, this cd is bad but it does have a decent song in 'Brian Wilson'.

You can check it for yourself on your dial up:
http://www.warnerreprise.com/qt-ref/bnl_brianwilson_ref.mov

Plus you listen to that Polyphonic Spree shit, aren't you into hippie music?

11:43 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home