sábado, fevereiro 11, 2006

479. Ben Folds Five - whatever and ever amen

479.BFFwhateverandeveramen
479.BFFwhateverandeveramen,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
Finally a new post. I listened to this album a lot when it came out... its strength lies in Ben's ability to make 60's/70's harmonies sound fresh, marrying melancholy, pop and wit. Easily the band's most successful record BFF deserved all the hype they got with this release - 'Brick' is a strong ballad and has surprisingly aged well and 'Song for the dumped' is classic BFF that no matter how many times you listen to it you still chuckle. Still the aspect that I enjoy the most about BFF is the nostalgic harmonies and arrangements that remind me of listening to my mom's jazz/soul/r&b tapes when I was four.
Selfless, Cold, and Composed
8.7 out of 10