domingo, janeiro 01, 2006

Happy New Year

I remember this time last year I claimed that I would have gone through my entire collection by now. I realize that it is probably going to take me at least two years to finish this thing, but what's the rush anyway. I am not going to bore you with an end of year list mainly because although there were some good releases nothing really grabbed me like in years past. Instead I am finally posting a ton of tracks that were supposed to go up with the last handful of reviews.


The Killing Moon
from Pavement's single "Major Leagues"


Church On White
from Stephen Malkmus' self titled debut


1% Of One
from Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks' "Pig Lib"


Dynamic Calories
from Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks' "Dark Wave" ep, included with certain copies of "Pig Lib"


Inbetween days
from Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks' live in Cologne Germany 04.07.03 bootleg

2 Comments:

Blogger Lawson Copy Write said...

hola. what can you tell me about Interpol?...
I like Built to Spill and Death Cab quite a lot, but haven't heard of a lot of the other music you have listed.
Also, Do you know of archive.org? Sweet website with live music, and some especially good live Ween.
Check it out.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Hey. I've been to archive and it isn't bad but a lot of the stuff is audience taped so the quality isn't that great - but it is a cool idea which will only get better with time... Interpol? I love them. They have released two albums and I have yet to meet someone who truly likes both, I do, but a lot of people prefer the debut over their second release. From what you have mentioned I would pick up 'Antics', it is a very solid release... copy and paste the url below to see what I had to say about the albums:

http://whenifeelheavymetal.blogspot.com/2005_05_01_whenifeelheavymetal_archive.html

Great video from Letterman by the way.

6:27 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home