quinta-feira, dezembro 08, 2005

447. Pavement - wowee zowee

447.Pwoweezowee
447.Pwoweezowee,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I love this album. Not perfect, but still great as a whole. A less cheerful sound I guess, a bit more serious maybe? But we are still talking about Pavement, so it's not like this record is their 'Kid A' - but they definitely weren't duping the sound they coined on 'Crooked'. What I always loved about 'Wowee' was that it felt like an album to me - I wish it was oversized like an LP with a proper sleeve and such (old school, with lyrics, listing what gear the band uses, thanks, etc.). Probably the fact that there was no clear single on the disc, and that it is so layered and at times dense placed more emphasis on the whole rather than any individual track.

8.5 out of 10