quarta-feira, novembro 23, 2005

441. Sleep Station - after the war

441.SSafterthewar
441.SSafterthewar,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
This album is surprisingly good. It was a surprise because I just heard it for the first time this past weekend. My friend Joe had one of their songs on a mix he made that I really liked, especially after many repeat listens. The songs are sort of Springsteen'ish, which normally I would stay away from because I am not a big fan of the boss, but they have enough moments of pop and melancholy in them to not be basic Americana. The concept behind the album revolves around a soldier returning home after a war - I haven't heard it enough times to go in more detail than that but I will be listening to this album more often. It also does not belong in this category.

7 out of 10