terça-feira, novembro 29, 2005

441. Pavement - slanted and enchanted (deluxe)

441.Pslantedandenchanted
441.Pslantedandenchanted,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
This was my second Pavement disc, 'Crooked' being my first... I remember thinking that 'Slanted' didn't measure up to the magical brilliance their second release seemed to effortlessly conjure up. This was sloppy, not seriously witty, just witty and stubbly. An amazing woman bought me this deluxe version which allowed me to also get rid of 'Watery, Domestic', the single for 'Trigger Cut' and a Peel Sessions bootleg. The great thing about something being repackaged is that it provides you with a reason to re examine it (or you could start a blog like this). 'Slanted' sounds so much better to me now. Malkmus once said that Pavement was a joke that went on for too long and thatt hey should have never released more than a couple of albums. You sort of get that here, that these guys are just dicking around not sure let alone worried that if there will be a second album - truly a feeling that can only be captured and never recreated. The bonus disc, filled with b-sides, radio sessions and live tracks is worth the price of the disc alone.
'These fake fights never end,
we could wake up the empire state
with just one pause'


8.5 out of 10 (album)
9.5 out of 10 (bonus disc)

2 Comments:

Blogger Krn said...

You inspired me...

I started putting my music onto a spreadsheet. I'm almost done. It's taken forever. I can't imagine listening to all of it too.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

yea!! A convert! when you're done you'll have to email it to me so I can see what you have in your collection!

1:39 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home