terça-feira, setembro 06, 2005

395. Bright Eyes - lifted or...

395.BEliftedor...
395.BEliftedor...,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
There are two kinds of music listeners: the kind that focus mainly on lyrics and storytelling, and the kind that focus mainly on the music itself, and then listen to the lyrics and/or meaning behind a song. Now of course both the lyrics and music are equally important, but at the end of the day if I had to pick, I'd rather have a song that is great musically, with mediocre/obscure lyrics, than a song with amazing lyrics and a boring/predictable melody. When Oberst focuses on the storytelling I am lost in his pointless narrative, but when the emphasis is placed on sound I am happily along for the ride. Sadly, though a strong release, I am more often lost than not.

7 out of 10