sexta-feira, agosto 26, 2005

391. Colin Meloy - sings morrissey e.p. (bootleg)

I truly love The Smiths, not in a crazed fan obsessed way, but I recognize how important they were, and still are, and just how brilliant the morrissey/marr songwriting team was. Yet I never followed their solo careers after the band's demise. Sure I listened to some of Marr's collaborations with the Pet Shop Boys, etc. but I only got as far as 'Vauxhall and I' with Morrissey (and I even ended up trading that it at some point, sorry Jack). So to make a long story short I don't really know the original versions of the songs, but I do enjoy Colin's versions and admire the simple fact that he wanted to record these tracks and release the ep himself. If you are a Smiths and Decemberists fan it is worth the download time, just maybe not the 'out of print' ebay price.

Jack the Ripper

6.5 out of 10