quinta-feira, agosto 25, 2005

389. The Decemberists - her majesty the decemberists

389.Dhermajestythedecemberists
389.Dhermajestythedecemberists,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I have to give Ellen props for introducing me to these guys ages ago - she placed 'Los Angeles, I'm Yours' on a mix for me (really for the office). Then I picked this up for Dena, who had like the song but hadn't heard anything else (I actually didn't pick it up till six months ago for myself). You can no longer introduce anyone to the decemberist's and this album is the reason for that. All the songs are 'instant crowd favourites' - the disc plays like a soundtrack to a Broadway show. The problem here is that the soundtrack is enjoyable when it's your own private narrative, but less appealing when a packed club of theatre majors are having their 'moments' while the band plays 'Red right ankle'. Still, great fun.

8.5 out of 10