segunda-feira, agosto 08, 2005

372. Belle and Sebastian - tigermilk

372.BAStigermilk
372.BAStigermilk,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
This band takes me back to a time I didn't realize was so far away. This was actually their third album I purchased and it has held up remarkably well. B&S' problem, which only became apparent much later in their catlogue, was that many of their tracks were um, average or homely. I know that is a rather ignorant thing to say about many bands, but it was as if they were true geniuses on one song, and then uninspired and flat on the next. Thankfully this album has stronger moments rather than weak. A good start.

7 out of 10

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anônimo said...

This is actually their first album, you know this right? It was originally released Vinyl only (I think) and the original recordings were destroyed in some fire. After the success of IYFS & BWTAS they went back and reissued this.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Welcome back Jack. Yes I was aware, I just wasn't clear. What I tried to say was this was the third B&S album I bought, first was BWTAS followed by IYFS. I also try to review the discs in the order in which they were released so if I am ever off let me know.

6:19 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home