domingo, agosto 07, 2005

370. Arcade Fire - funeral

370.AFfuneral
370.AFfuneral,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
Here I go again: I first heard the Arcade Fire when they opened for the Wrens at a Kintting Factory show - they weren't anybody at the time, 'Funeral' had not been released, and the Wren's were so impressed with them from a gig they played together in Canada that they were asked to open a handful of dates for the band. That show was great (both bands), but I still didn't pick up their ep. I also waited ages to get this one, mainly because they were everywhere all the time. I am part of a mix club (long story) and out of 9 cd's 7 had some sort of AF track - so I had pretty much heard the album already. By the time I picked this up I wasn't in awe of it like many, mainly due to the over exposure. Clearly very Talking Heads like, but that's okay if it is done well and isn't simply a rip off.

9 out of 10

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anônimo said...

i totally forgot that arcade fire opened for the wrens. (to tell you the truth, i may have liked the arcade fire part more than the wrens part. do you forgive me?)

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anônimo said...

Hmmm, 9 out of 10? I do enjoy them now, at first I found them annoying. But 9 out of 10 is a bit much.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

it may be but for now it feels right - time will have the final word with this one...

6:28 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home