quinta-feira, junho 30, 2005

335. The Promise Ring - nothing feels good

335.PRnothingfeelsgood
335.PRnothingfeelsgood,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I didn't pick this up until September/October of 2001. I got it, along with 'Very Emergency' at Specs used. Honestly I hadn't heard them before then. It wasn't until earlier that year while revisiting one of my CMJ magazine cd's (does that pub even exist anymore?) did I discover 'Happiness Is All the Rage'. I was hooked. So when I found these used it was a no brainer. I listened to it on my drive up and was sucked in immediately by 'Is This Thing On?'. The album is peppered with perfect pop. My favourite track is easily 'Red & Blue Jeans' - I must have hit repeat a thousand times when I first heard that song (and still do) - it makes you want to fall in love over, and over, and over again. I also love how the chorus is instrumental - it ends up saying so much more than words could. This disc leans more towards an 8.5 than 9, but Davey and crew are genuinely nice guys, so what's half a point?

'Nothing feels good like you in red and blue jeans
and your white and night things'

Red & Blue Jeans

9 out of 10