quinta-feira, junho 09, 2005

324. The Dismemberment Plan - "!"

324.TDP"!"
324.TDP"!",
originally uploaded by jrd550.
'Emergency and I" was my first Plan album, thanks to Chad, and I slowly worked my way back. This was the last Plan cd I bought (outside of the remix disc), and I actually got it at their show jus when they announced they were breaking up. I got Eric to sign it (who is genuinely a great guy) - so it's a shame I am not crazy about it. The band is tight, the sound quality is average and Travis' signing is horrid. He fairs well on the funky shit kicker songs, but once the songs go into the more serious world his voice cracks - it would clearly take him a couple of more records to find his voice. I considered trashing it, but it has enough interesting moments to make the most devout fan keep it. If you don't own it, don't buy it.

4.5 out of 10