terça-feira, junho 07, 2005

322. Pedro the Lion - achilles heel

322.PTLachillesheel
322.PTLachillesheel,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I was excited for this when it came out - 'control' had won me over, it featured some great artwork by the guy who did the shin's disc, Jesse LeDoux and the preview track David had up on his site was decent. David curses on a couple of songs and unfortunately that's the highlight of the disc. It's like an old friend that you used to have great times with, comes over after a couple of years and he is just flat out tired, the spark is gone (I am not talking about you at all Meadows). There are some classic PTL moments; 'I do', 'Forgone Conclusions' and 'Bands with Managers' - but just not enough of them. Still worth picking up if you are a fan. My disc has clean versions of 'forgone conclusions' and 'keep swinging' so that I can play them for my kids or to my wife on our wedding night.

7 out of 10