quarta-feira, maio 18, 2005

307. British Sea Power - the decline of british sea power

307.BSPthedeclineofbritishseapower
307.BSPthedeclineofbritishseapower,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I went to a British School so hearing about the British Navy was frequent, so I immediately liked the band's name. We had this pocket series books, one for war planes, another for guns and rifles, another for ships and submarines - anyway, this band often reminds me of my school, especially on the tracks that tend to borrow from Echo and the Bunnymen. BSP don't tread in the same spot for too long, at one moment they are perfect brit punk 'Apologies to insect life', other times melancholic pop 'something wicked', and a mixture of both 'Lately'. A strong debut - I'm going to pick up their latest.
Lately
8.5 out of 10

1 Comments:

Blogger Jazz said...

give it at least two more tries Meadows.

11:50 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home