sexta-feira, abril 29, 2005

288. The Strokes - room on fire

288.TSroomonfire
288.TSroomonfire,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
You can imagine how upset I was when I found myself really enjoying 'What Ever Happened?'. Chad put it on an end of year mix and I got sucked into the catchy riffs, tight production and the band's new found pop sensibilities (I swear it wasn't there before). The band finally delivers something original - building on a particular sound as opposed to just repeating it. The vocals are less strained and distant - instead they've become more confident and sincere. The production has also been taken up a notch, with drum intros and outros chopped into place and solos played to a 't' but still somewhat charismatically sloppy. I hope some day they release the Godrich sessions.

"So many fish there in the sea
I wanted you, you wanted me"

9 out of 10