quinta-feira, abril 21, 2005

280. The Jealous Sound - kill them with kindness

280.JSkillthemwithkindness
280.JSkillthemwithkindness,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I am a fairly jealous guy - so I was instantly attracted to this band's name. What does jealousy sound like? Not like this. The band is the latest project from ex-Knapsack singer/guitarist Blair Shehan. The only thing I know about Knapsack was that Doug bought an album of theirs at Best Buy in Florida one day. Doug is a member of the inner circle and has mysteriously disappeared - please let me know if you have any information on Doug King. Anyway, the band's sound is emoish and punkish and at times just sort of gay - but in a queer sort of way, almost like a bad eighties chorus. But it all seems to work, like an ever so slightly edgier Foo Fighters. If I posted the track 'Anxious Arms' you'd know exactly what I am talking about. Instead though I am posting the track below since it has so many great memories smacked onto it.

"If you ever had a doubt, Kiss me on the mouth"
hope for us
6.5 out of 10