terça-feira, abril 19, 2005

279. Mars Volta - frances the mute

279.MNfrancesthemute
279.MNfrancesthemute,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
This cd is still so fresh on my mind that my opinion of it may change in the future. Based on a diary the band's keyboardest found (who by the way is dead now), the album is broken down into five tracks, and within those a series 'sub' tracks. Breaking the tracks down doesn't make the album any easier to digest, which I am fine with because it is good to be challenged. Jazz, salsa, prog, elctro ambient and solid riff rock all find a home on Frances. I am not sure if Rubin produced this as well but my only complaint is that it does feel like a collection of diffferent sounds rather than a whole piece like 'de-loused'. Still I feel like I am talking way too soon about this album.

8 out of 10