terça-feira, março 01, 2005

The Waiting Room

Okay, so I am trying to get a little creative with the genre titles as they come up, if you can think of something better please pass it on. Next up is 'The Waiting Room'; the title refers to Fugazi's best known track, not necessarily their best track. I feel the title is appropriate since all the bands in this category were just sort of sitting around, doing their thing, waiting for listeners to catch up. I picked up the Henry Rollins disc in 1992 but never, even to this day, explored Black Flag. Thanks to Chad I had heard some Fugazi here and there back in 94, but can safely say that I never gave them a serious listen until about five years ago. My first Sonic Youth album was 'Goo', I think it was their fourth or fifth release. I was even sort of late with Dinosaur Jr., my first album being 'Where You've Been'. The only band in this category that I picked up at the same time of the band's inception was Sunny Day Real Estate. Anyway, whether you picked them up ages ago or yesterday is irrelevant - what is relevant is how ahead of their time all these bands sound, and how many copy cats they inspired.