quinta-feira, março 17, 2005

238. Sonic Youth - goo

238.SYgoo
238.SYgoo,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
This kid in school gave me a tape with 'Bleach' on one side and 'Goo' on the other - of course the entire album didn't fit on one side of the 90 minute BASF tape, but I heard enough to get hooked. Later that year here in the states I picked it up on cd, back when they still came in those tall boxes. I love this album - Raymond Pettibon's art created a great visual backdrop for 'Kool Thing', 'Mildred Pierce', and 'Tunic (Song For Karen)'. The disc has aged greatly, or hasn't aged at all I guess (whichever the compliment is) - Chuck D's cameo sounds as fresh as it did back then. Although 'Mote' is my favourite track off the album I am posting 'Dirty Boots' because having re listened to it I realized it is one of the most perfectly crafted songs ever - it's almost as if you were given the chance to write one song in your life and you wanted to fit as many different emotions as possible - check it out, with headphones.
Dirty Boots
9.5 out of 10