sábado, março 12, 2005

235. Sonic Youth - confusion is sex/Kill yr idols

235.SYconfusionissex
235.SYconfusionissex,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
At first the album (a combination of their first full length and its 12 inch follow up) sounds amateurish, poorly recorded, almost like a demo of a friends band. I then noticed it was released in 1983, so it probably was all those things. The album captures all the potential that this very young incarnation SY had and sounds like nothing else that was going on in 83' (not that I recall, I was 9 and had been in Brazil for three years already - though I did get a record player and 11 Kiss albums for my 10th birthday - thank you Mom). The best track is easily the version of 'I wanna be your dog'- a great, intense cover.

'I'll take off your dress/I'll shake off your flesh'

6.5 out of 10