sexta-feira, março 04, 2005

227. Fugazi - instrument

227.Finstrument
227.Finstrument,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
This is the soundtrack to film of the same name - I assume it is a documentary of the band. The majority of songs are instrumental, there are probably four tracks with vocals. Some of the tracks are completely new, some are demo versions of previously released tracks. The album, although not consisting of a group of cohesive songs, is surprisingly good. Often such collections of unreleased material should remain unreleased, but these are more than just 'afterthoughts' (no pun intended with the track 'Afterthought'. The demo version of 'Rend It' is hauntingly good (I posted the original track a couple of entries ago), and the intrumental tracks reveal how experimental the band is and how sick of a drummer Brendan Canty really is.

8 out of 10

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anônimo said...

Fugazi is one of my favorite bands. And I loved the film Instrument. However, as an album, even as a soundtrack this is not very interesting. I'm sorry but the only decent songs on here are the ones that sound the most like their counterparts on other albums. Certainly not an 8 out of 10. This is my least favorite Fugazi album.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Fair enough. I'm not sure why I am so partial to it - it does have its moments of complete disconnect, but still really enjoy listening to it. I think that at some point I have to see the film. thanks for reading!

10:14 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home