sábado, fevereiro 26, 2005

218. Hum - you'd prefer an astronaut

218.Hyou'dpreferanastronaut
218.Hyou'dpreferanastronaut,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
On the bottom right of this blog you'll see that I have added genres for my music as we go through the collection, and I realize that these guys aren't industrial at all, but I am not quite sure where to put them. Sure they could have lived in 'grunge' or 'metal', but that wouldn't have been right either, the band is an interesting mix of emo and grunge I guess. Released in 95, the album had a minor hit with 'stars', but no matter how advanced they sounded musically the vocals - and it always seems to come down to the vocals - are just weak. A vocalist can have a bad voice and still be good, making it work for the band's sound - but a weak voice just has no soul. Here Hum's music says so much and the vocals are drowned out - sure it is okay at times, but who wants okay?

7.5 out 10