quinta-feira, janeiro 20, 2005

189. The Cult - high octane

189.Chighoctane
189.Chighoctane,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I feel bad for having this, it belongs to somebody I never met. I had just graduated and went to the restaurant to say hello since they had a cake for me with some gifts. Patti walks up to me with a Case Logic thing filled with cd's saying her daughter found it. The staff had already gone through it and the only decent thing in there was this. I had 'love', 'electric' and 'sonic temple' on tape, so this was a nice find. Unfortunately the disc focuses too much on their later stuff, which sounds like a doors rip off or bad metal like Faster Pussycat or late INXS. What made the Cult interesting was the juxtaposition of a band that sounded like the Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen and the Bolshoi but with a vocalist who wanted to be an American blues rock singer or Jim Morrison. The majority of that material isn't on here. Anything past 1989 should have stayed off.

6 out of 10

1 Comments:

Blogger Krn said...

I know I'm late on this one but I agree. Old Cult is fantastic and then there was the crap they kept on spewing out.

9:28 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home