segunda-feira, janeiro 17, 2005

185. Living Colour - vivid

185.LCvivid
185.LCvivid,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
This was another discovery I made on one of the videotapes my mom made for me of MTV when she was in the States. I also got to see them live in Brazil, and they were great. The band isn't easy to categorize which is a good thing I suppose, but as their other releases came out I found it more and more difficult to get into the band. I had both Time's Up and the one after that, and ended up trading them in ages ago. Vivid is all over the place, part thrash, funk, pop and soul - at times they mesh really well, and others, well… Cult of Personality is a classic track, Corey's voice is great and Vernon Reid's playing is manic. Still it was quite the accomplishment for when it came out, redefining what a rock band should look and sound like.

7 out of 10