segunda-feira, janeiro 17, 2005

183. Metallica - ...and justice for all

183.Mandjusticeforall
183.Mandjusticeforall,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
Okay, this is where this list gets ugly, and this is actually a highlight. The next shelf goes as close to 'new metal' as I ever got, and to an extent it pains me to listen to the stuff, but it should be fun too.

I remember Stephen, my English teacher's son, put this on a tape for me, and I must have listened to it a million times, finally in 1988 understanding what all the fuss about Metallica was. It was later robbed along with my walkman on a bus. As a kid I was insanely into metal, I had hundreds of albums and tapes with everything from Accept to Enuff Z' Nuff. Granted almost all of it is in the garbage but there were some good songs in there. With all that said, despite claims by many as this being a masterpiece, it still is metal and therefore difficult to be taken seriously. I still enjoy Blackened, …And Justice for all and Harvester of Sorrow, but music and my taste have come such a long way since 88.

'to begin whipping dance of the dead, blackened is the end'

7 out of 10