domingo, janeiro 02, 2005

175. A Perfect Circle - mers de noms

175.APCmersdenoms
175.APCmersdenoms,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I bought this album solely on the 'Judith' video, I remember it was the most commercial album I bought in 2000, I had to go to Best Buy to get it. I never realized how much I liked this album - never did I think I preferred it over anything by Tool, but I sort of do. The songs do at times enter the clichéd 'hard rock' structure but for the most part they are sincere. I was still in design school already working in a studio and planning to move up to NYC. Little did I know about all fury and frustration this city and my life would bring.

'It's not like you killed someone. It's not like you drove a hateful spear into his side. Praise the one who left you broken down and paralyzed. He did it all for you'

9 out of 10