domingo, janeiro 02, 2005

174. Tool - lateralus

174.Tlateralus
174.Tlateralus,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I got this just before I left Florida (I actually bought 20 or so right before I left, so I'll mention that fact again and again). I remember sitting in my car with Chad listening to parts of this and the both of us were not impressed. I guess like many fans I was expecting or hoping for the quick get of Aenima, which to me was a near perfect album, with just one too many slow uninspired moments. I must confess that I never really picked this album up since. Upon this repeat listen I discovered my favourite Tool album. Their sound has developed so much since Aenima – the record has many layers, meshing the band's prog sound with psychedelia - Maynard's vocals are more melodic and it seems like he is finding a middle ground between his APC sound and Tool.

9 out of 10