domingo, janeiro 02, 2005

158. Primus - sailing the seas of cheese

158.Psailingtheseasofcheese
158.Psailingtheseasofcheese,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I love this album and I am not sure why. I am not sure why the band's formulaic sound doesn't bore me here. I think in part it's because this was the first Primus album I got and I stopped after this one. I may have had the album after this, Pork Soda, but traded it in at some point. It's funny how a band's subsequent releases can help dilute their other albums. Also I like the little intro asking us to join them in sailing the seas of cheese - not that this is a full blown concept album, but feeling like all the songs are part of some journey helps the record gain legitimacy, whereas Frizzle Fry felt like a collection of songs as opposed to an album. Plus the album is pretty solid throughout.

"tommy the cat is my name and I say unto thee…"

9 out of 10

1 Comments:

Blogger Krn said...

I stopped with this album too. Pork Soda didn't do anything for me.

1:04 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home