domingo, novembro 07, 2004

121. Smashing Pumpkins - machina: the machines of god

121.SPmachina:themachinesofgod
121.SPmachina:themachinesofgod,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
"you know I'm not dead". A great way to start an album. I had gone back to school to get another degree, this time in design, I was 25, and I once again had the Pumpkins playing while going to school - and Melissa was playing bass, I was sold. I wanted to love this album, and I sort of do. Even slightly cheesy themed songs like I of the mourning and Heavy Metal Machine seem to find a way into my subjective appreciation for this album. The main problem with the album is that it looses steam, just sort of fading away in the end - who knows maybe it was intentional, but it is a far cry from the beginning of the album.

8 out of 10