segunda-feira, novembro 01, 2004

110. Smashing Pumpkins - siamese dream

110.SPsiamesedream
110.SPsiamesedream,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I got this while spending part of the summer in Miami and NJ. I automatically thought it was inferior to Gish. If I heard Today or Disarm again I was going to puke. But while listening to it again I have amazing fond memories of my life back then, with Today and other songs. Secondly the album to put it simply rocks. It maintains the trek that Gish had established, just replacing some of the psychedelic aspects of that previous album with thicker, more soiled riffs. But it does also contain the Pumpkin's lighter side, which became a staple in all of their albums afterwards. Blah, blah, blah. The album is very good, a departure from Gish but in a solid direction. Silverfuck is a loud furious song.

9 out of 10