quinta-feira, outubro 28, 2004

93. Mark Lanegan - the winding sheet

93.MLthewindingsheet
93.MLthewindingsheet,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I never really heard this album - I bought it along with 'Holy Ghost' used at Spec's in Florida. I was familiar with 'where did you' from Nirvana's unplugged album. The album is really great - such a great surprise. Dena picked up 'Bubblegum' and I heard it once and liked it, and I am glad that he is making sense to me now as a solo artist, I only knew him from Screaming Trees and QOTSA - he sounds like nobody else but himself. The album is dark, moody and atmospheric - the least satisfying track is actually 'where did you sleep' probably to no fault of his own the version on Unplugged is too perfect to match (and obviously this one was recorded first). Solid, solid, solid.

8.5 out of 10