quinta-feira, agosto 26, 2004

48. Temple of the Dog - temple of the dog

47
47,
originally uploaded by jrd550.
I can safely say I hadn't played this album in at least 7 years, and as soon as I put it on I started to sing along. That's the problem with doing this blog, I am not going to be that objective because it's not like I am reviewing brand new albums - the majority are records that I already love or have some sort of 'when I was off in college' or something cliché. Anyway, the band consists of Chris/Matt from Soundgarden and Mike/Jeff/Stone from Pearl Jam - one track contains vocals by Eddie Vedder. The disc is an ode to Andrew Wood from MLB who was Chris' roomate and Stone/Jeff's bandmate. "temple of dog' is from a lyric on Apple, I forget which song and as I mentioned already 'Times of Trouble' has the same riff as 'Footsteps'. The best way to describe the album I guess is that it's a genuine mesh of both bands. And for what it is, especially at the time it is a great album.

8 out of 10